UHS PhD and MPhil Admissions 2023-24 Apply Online
The University of Health Sciences (UHS) Lahore, invites applications from eligible candidates for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (Ph D.) and Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) degrees in the following
on-campus teaching programs:
The candidates must possess at-least 18 years of education with the following qualifications:
MBBS/BDS/BS Allied Health Sciences M.Phil./Master/FCPS or equivalent qualification in relevant subject recognized by HEC/Concerned Federal Regulatory Authority.
2. A minimum CGPA of 3.0 (out of 4.0) in the semester system or First Division in annual system in the most recent relevant degree obtained whether from a Pakistani or foreign university.
3. The candidate has passed the Admission Test for Ph.D. conducted by the University with 60% marks OR passed a GRE-Subject international test with a passing percentile of 60 the relevance of which is to be determined by the Relevance Assessment Committee of UHS.
1. (a) For admission to M.Phil. in Medical Sciences or M.Phil. in Dental Sciences a candidate must possess MB6S and BOS degrees respectively.
(b) For M.Phil. in Allied Health Sciences, a candidate must possess BSc (Hons.) or MSc in relevant subject.
2. The candidate has passed the Admission Test for M.Phil. with a minimum of 50% marks.
3. The candidate must have two (02) years of relevant experience.
UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH SCIENCES LAHORE Ph.D. and M.Phil. Admissions SESSION 2023-2024
1. Visit the Online Admission Portal for Postgraduate Programs on the UHS website (www.uhs.edu.pk).
2. Create an account by providing your Name, Father/Guardian Name, Email ID, Mobile Number, and a Password.
3. First, select your degree program (e.g., Ph.D. or M.Phil.). After choosing a program, select the discipline/subject for which you want to apply for.
4. Fill in your personal details on the application form, including your name, domicile, contact information, address, nationality, gender, date of birth, etc.
5. Enter your qualification details, such as your MBBS/BDS/Master’s marks year of passing, university, etc.
6. Upload scanned documents, ensuring each document is within a maximum size of 2 MB, as specified on the application.
7. Read and acknowledge the Undertaking. Verify the provided information and attachments before submission.
8. Submit the online application. You will receive a confirmation notification on your email address. Download and print both the submitted application and the bank challan for the processing fee.
9. Visit the nearest branch of The Bank of Punjab (BOP) with the fee challan to deposit the Admission Processing Fee of Rs. 7,000 (non-refundable). This fee can also be deposited through online banking. Your application process is now complete. The admission shall be granted on merit only.
1. During the selection process for Ph.D., the following elements shall be considered:
• Academic record of relevant M.Phil./Master/Equivalent
• Relevant experience
• Research publications
• Demonstration of the ability to pursue doctoral-level research based on the “statement of purpose” at the time of admission.
2. The admission criteria for M.Phil. shall be as follows:
1. Applications must be submitted exclusively through the Postgraduate Online Admission Portal. Any applications that are incomplete or are submitted in violation of the prescribed procedure shall be rejected. Failure to pay the processing fee by the specified due date shall also result in application rejection.
2. While the applicant is not required to manually submit a print-out of the application, he/she must upload the paid processing fee challan or bank receipt on the portal before the application submission deadline.
3. Online application is editable till the submission deadline. No request for change/amendment in the application shall be entertained after the closing date/deadline.
4. The candidature/admission of a candidate found to have submitted forged/fake/fabricated documents or incorrect/false information shall be cancelled immediately.
5. As part of the application for admission to Ph.D. programs, applicants shall be required to submit a statement of purpose, which shall form an integral part of the application.
6. Admission Test Result, Interview Schedule and Merit Lists shall be made available on the UHS website www.uhs.edu.pk.
7. Selected candidates are required to deposit the prescribed fee and other dues at any branch of the Bank of Punjab (BOP). The fee can be paid through online transaction as well. Failing to do so within the stipulated time period shall result in the loss of the right to admission.
8. Admission shall be granted on merit only.
9. Those in service and applicants desirous to attend the course on deputation basis must apply through proper channel.
10. Those having foreign qualifications are required to submit HEC/PMDC/PNC equivalence certificate.
11. The detail of programs, fee structure, and faculty is available on UHS website (www.uhs.edu.pk).