A ban was imposed on all smog-causing activities across the province. Smog has been declared a disaster under Section 03 of the Punjab National Climats Act, 1958. Special teams will be formed to control smog. Punjab Chief Minister Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi has imposed an environmental emergency in the province to reduce smog, while declaring smog as a disaster.
Due to worsening smog situation in Punjab including Lahore, a notification is issued to impose lockdown. Public and private schools, colleges and universities will remain closed. On Saturday, big and small markets, gyms, cinemas will be allowed to work after 03:00 pm. On Saturdays, private offices will also be able to open after 03:00 pm.
PDMA Smong Control Room Helpline Numbers
A ban has been imposed on the burning of crop residues across Punjab, the Chief Minister of Punjab has also ordered the administration to ensure effective implementation of the plan formulated to reduce smog and also said that smog Action should be taken to control the factors that cause it, indiscriminate action will also be taken against emitting vehicles. A room has been set up in PDMA to prevent smog in Punjab. Control Room Number 042-99232278, WhatsApp number 0335-92322227.
Burning of crop residue has been banned across Punjab. Action should be taken to control the factors that cause smog. Officers from the Department of Environmental Protection, Transport, Industries and Administration go to the field themselves.
- Industries emitting black smoke will be closed.
- Steps should be taken to reduce traffic smoke.
- Deputy Commissioners take all necessary measures to control smog
- Burning of crop residues will be completely banned
- Strict action will be taken against crop burning and DC will be held personally responsible for violation.
- Strict action will be taken against polluting vehicles and industries.
- The kilns operating without zigzag technology will be fined from Rs.50,000 to Rs.100,000
- Industrial units operating without smoke control devices will also be fined Rs.50,000 to Rs.1 lakh.
- Strict action will also be taken against those who burn tyres, rubber, plastic and garbage.
- Strict action will also be taken against encroachments and wrong parking.
- Smog Advisory will be issued by concerned departments.
Pollution in Lahore’s air has made the situation dangerous again, with the city of Zinda Dalan at the top of the polluted cities with an average air quality index of 373. A decision will be taken in a few days regarding artificial rain in Lahore.
In order to deal with the dangerous smog and air pollution across the province of Punjab, the Punjab government started the process of using Chinese anti-smog technology by installing smog towers in Lahore and other areas this year.