MEPCO is one of the biggest Distribution Companies of Electricity in the Public Sector serving more than 7.9 million consumers having 17000+ employees with annual revenue base of approximately Rs. 450 Billion and consisting of operational area covering 13 districts of Punjab.
The Charter of MEPCO is to provide reliable and safe electric power supply to its consumers in its jurisdiction. The services of dynamic and high caliber professional having Pakistani Nationality is required for the post of “Chief Executive Officer” as per Terms & Conditions given hereunder:
The Chief Executive Officer will report to the Board of Directors (MEPCO) during the tenure of the contract and will work closely with BOD in the development of a strategic plan to advance the Company’s mission and objectives as well as to promote transparency and enhance revenue. The candidate must have the necessary skills, experience, ability and commitment to carry out the role efficiently and effectively.
MEPCO Jobs 2024 Apply Online
The candidate must possess personal qualities such as honesty, integrity, diligence, independence of mind and: fairness, and has the ability to represent a cohesive vision and strategy to all.
AGE, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- The candidate must not be more than 62 years of age on the closing date of advertisement.
- The candidate must possess;
- Bachelor degree in Engineering (Master degree in Engineering will be given the additional weightage) OR
- Master degree in Business Administration / Public Administration / Management / Economics / Finance OR
- Member of a recognized Body of Professional Accountants.
- The candidate must possess at least 20 years experience (additional weightage will be given to Power Sector experience), with at least 02 years Senior Management experience.
- If the candidate possesses experience of working in the Public Sector or Public Sector Company, his experience in a position of BS-20 or equivalent to BS-20 whether on substantive basis or an additional charge or acting charge or look after basis or upgraded to BS-20 shall qualify as Senior Management Experience.
- If the candidate possesses experience of working in the Private Sector, he shall mention organizational hierarchy and reporting channel along with his position to ascertain the Senior Management Experience.
- Market-based competitive package will be offered commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
- The service contract shall be for a period of three (3) years.
- There will be an annual performance evaluation by the MEPCO Board of Directors and continuation of contract will be subject to satisfactory performance and the contract can be terminated on the basis of poor performance or at any time as deemed fit by MEPCO Board of Directors.
- Interested candidates having relevant qualifications and experience are encouraged to submit the printed/hard copy of application form placed at MEPCO website WWW.Mepco.com.pk) along with following documents:-
- Declaration on Non Judicial stamp paper, duly signed by the applicant on the format available at the MEPCO website that the applicant is not ineligible to act as a Chief Executive Officer, as per Fit and Proper Criteria prescribed in the Schedule II of the Public Sector Companies (Appointment of Chief Executive) Guidelines, 2015 and Schedule TV of the State Owned Enterprises (Governance & Operations) Act, 2024.
- Detailed CV, previous job/employment experience certificates, recent passport size photograph, copy of CNIC.
- Copies of Degrees/Testimonials preferably verified by the Higher Education Commission or the Professional Body or Association whichever is relevant. However, the short listed candidates will have to provide/bring the copy of degrees / testimonials duly verified and previous job/employment experience certificates at the time of interview. Moreover, MEPCO reserves the right to carry out the further re-verification process for the selected candidates.
- The applications complete in all respect should be received at the below given address through courier service / registered post as well as soft copy should be emailed at 10bs@mepco.Com.pk not later than 15 days from the date of publication of this advertisement and no claim whatsoever thereof will be acceptable.
- The serving employee will have to resign from his original job or seek pension as the case may be (if selected) and will have to provide sufficient proof in this regards.
- The candidates already serving in Govt/Semi Govt/Autonomous Public Organizations should apply through proper channel along with NOC of their respective department
- Applications incomplete in any respect or received after due date will not be entertained. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for interview/selection process.
- No TA/DA will be provided for interview/selection process.
MEPCO reserves the rights to with hold Cancel the whole recruitment process at any stage without assigning any reason.
- Application Form, Declaration and “Fit & Proper Criteria” is available on official website of MEPCO (www.mepco.Com.pk)