Are you planning to pursue higher education in Pakistan? If so, you must have heard of the Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan, which is responsible for regulating and accrediting higher education institutions in the country. As part of the admission process, HEC conducts an aptitude test for undergraduate and postgraduate students. In this article, we will guide you through the HEC Eligibility Test 2023 online application process and provide preparation tips.
Introduction to HEC Eligibility Test
Contents to Read
HEC Aptitude Test is an online test that measures the academic aptitude of students admitted to undergraduate and postgraduate programs in HEC recognized universities. The test is designed to assess students’ critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills. HEC conducts the aptitude test twice a year in spring and autumn sessions.
Eligibility Criteria for HEC Eligibility Test 2023
To qualify for the HEC Eligibility Test, you must meet the following criteria.
- You must be a citizen of Pakistan or have a valid National Identity Card (NIC).
- You have completed or attended the final examination of 12 years of education from a recognized institution with at least 50% marks.
- For postgraduate programmes, you must have completed or attended the final examination of 16 years of education from a recognized institution with at least 50% marks.
How to Apply Online for HEC Aptitude Test 2023
The process of applying HEC Eligibility Test 2023 online is simple and can be completed in few steps:
- Visit the HEC website (www.hec.gov.pk) and create an account by providing your email and password.
- Fill the registration form and select the exam center and date of your choice.
- Upload a recent photograph and a scanned copy of your NIC.
- Review and submit your application.
HEC Eligibility Test Registration Fee
The registration fee for HEC Aptitude Test 2023 is Rs.1200, which can be paid through bank deposit or online transfer. Bank details are provided on HEC website.
HEC Eligibility Test Syllabus and Pattern
The HEC Aptitude Test consists of two parts: Verbal and Quantitative. The verbal section assesses your reading comprehension, vocabulary and grammar skills, while the quantitative section assesses your mathematical and analytical skills. The test is taken online and consists of multiple choice questions. The duration of the test is two hours.
Preparation Tips for HEC Eligibility Test 2023
Preparing for the HEC Eligibility Test can be difficult, but with the right strategy and practice, you can improve your chances of success. Here are some tips to help you prepare for the test:
- Familiarize yourself with the exam syllabus and pattern.
- Practice time management to complete the test within the allotted time.
- Take mock tests and solve past papers to get a feel for the actual test.
- Work on your weak areas and strengthen your concepts.
- Stay calm and focused during the test.